Although it is an old lottery-based casino game, online Keno is quite popular among Aussie gamblers. Thanks to its simple rules and gameplay, the game is easy to understand and extremely fun to play. It is similar to the version of Keno common in brick-and-mortar casinos and pubs all over Australia. Many people compare it to bingo since it involves guessing a series of numbers from 1 to 80.
If you are a novice gambler who wants to play Keno online for money, here is a detailed guide to help you learn and master the rules easily. We will also equip you with relevant tips, tricks, and strategies to increase your winning odds in this game.
Welcome Bonus: Up to 300% + 30 Free Spins!
Claim your welcome bonus 100% + 100FS
Welcome bonus 100% + 150FS
Welcome bonus 300% + 100FS
Newcomer bonus 100% + 180FS
First deposit bonus 100% up to 100AU$ + 100 FS
What is online keno Australia?
Generally, Keno is a popular instant lottery variety played in many casinos all around the world. In fact, many refer to it as an accelerated version of bingo, but for the lazy. Traditional Keno at land-based casinos utilizes a massive plastic bubble filled with 80 numbered balls. To win the game, players must predict the correct keno numbers using real tickets.
In keno play online, there is a virtual ticket that serves the role of the actual ticket. The game’s main aim is to predict as many numbers as you can, just like you would in traditional Keno. Many new online casinos will enable you to play Keno online Australia from the comfort of your home.
However, online Keno usually features a high house edge ranging from 5% to 25%. Despite this, it is still prevalent in the world of gambling online in Australia, with lucky players winning multi-million dollar jackpots.
How to play Keno online
As stated earlier, learning to play Keno online for real money is relatively easy. The objective is to select as many winning numbers from 1 to 80 as possible. However, to enjoy the ultimate gambling experience when playing Keno, Aussie players need to find a reputable gambling site with the appropriate licensing and latest security protocols. Some operators provide free keno casino games for players to practice first before playing for real money.
Upon finding the safest casino site and secure online keno gambling site, proceed to sign up and provide your details. Ensure the site uses SSL encryption technology as it shows they care about the security of the player’s information. Some gambling sites will require you to verify your identity by providing various documents, like a driver’s license, passport, government-issued ID, or utility bill.
Upon successful registration, browse through the site’s game library, and select Keno let’s play. Here is how to get started.
- Look through the 80 numbers that are available for play;
- Choose a series of numbers between 1 -80. Depending on the game variant, you can select at least four numbers;
- Using the casino’s Random Number Generator (RNG) technology, 20 numbers will appear;
- Proceed to attach your number choices to your virtual keno card;
- If you are playing free Keno online, you do not need to place a bet. But, if you are playing for real cash, make your wager at this stage;
- Click on ‘done’ and start playing.
Basic rules of playing Keno for Australians
The online version of Keno requires players to guess as many numbers as possible among the 20 numbers generated by the online casino. The more correct numbers you guess, the more chances of winning and the higher the winning amount. Although there are various varieties of this game, several basic rules apply to all versions of Keno.
For instance, there are several bets that players can make while playing Keno. Some of them include king, straight, and others. When playing the online version, you make a wager in the form of a fixed amount on the numbers you have selected. Below are some basic rules of this game.
- The game begins with choosing numbers from the grid. Players will have to choose whether to play for free or real money. Once you make a choice, determine the numbers to play with on the virtual ticket;
- Depending on the game’s variant, the next step is selecting the size of the bet. Some versions require the player to choose the size bet before marking their numbers. There are limits to the amount or number of bets players can make. Remember to choose the number of games that you want to play with using the same bet;
- A random number generator draws the winning numbers, allowing you to establish whether you have won or lost the game.
Aussie players can enjoy playing this game as many times as they want. It is a fun and exhilarating way of winning massive cash prizes without special knowledge and much mental ability.
Online keno tips and strategies
Like other casino games, Keno is purely a game of luck. However, there are various ways that players can improve their winning chances and enhance their playing strategy. Beware of downloadable software that promises a win or to enhance your strategy. Being that Keno is a game of pure luck, no software or strategy can guarantee a win.
Now that you comprehend the basic rules of playing Keno let us look at some valuable tips and strategies to increase your chances of winning big. They include:
- Select a set of numbers and play them consistently. This will help you determine numbers that show up often and adjust your numbers accordingly;
- Review the keno payout chart before you determine your numbers. The chart will assist you in understanding what actions to take to win;
- Find an online keno operator that offers special bonuses and promotions for keno players in Australia;
- Create a budget and stick to it at all times. Determine what you are willing to lose and when you have run through your bankroll, stop playing immediately. Chasing losses will only result in problem gambling.
Always remember that Keno depends on luck and chance. No game enhancement software or strategy can guarantee a win in the game.